ENPC COURSE (Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course)
ENA developed the Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course to establish a standardized body of pediatric emergency nursing knowledge and to improve the care of all pediatric patients. This fifth edition course combines interactive learning with scenario-based assessments to give nurses a comprehensive learning experience. The course includes:
- A Systematic Approach to the Initial Assessment
- The first few minutes of medical and trauma care for a young person are critical to achieve better patient outcomes. The A-I mnemonic and the Pediatric Assessment Triangle will assist nurses in providing appropriate and early intervention.
- Hands-on Training Using both an Individual and Team Approach
- Six teaching scenarios offer nurses the opportunity to practice the systematic approach of the initial assessment in real life situations.
- 2 Day Intensive Course with Expert Instructors
- ENPC is a 2 -day intensive course that is taught by expert instructors.
Online learning allows nurses to learn at their own pace and refer back to information at any time.
- Evaluation, Verification, and Contact Hours
Successful completion of the course requires 80% or greater on the multiple choice exam and 70% or greater on the skill station evaluation. RN Candidates with successful completion will receive the ENA ENPC 4 year provider verification card.
- Participants must be an RN and possess a current unrestricted nursing license to receive verification.
- Pre-course modules MUST be completed prior to attendance; failure to complete will result in inability to attend class
- **Pre-registration is required - Participant seats are limited based on instructor-to-student ratios. Seats will be assigned to paid registrants in the order registration fees and materials are received.
Accurate assessment of a child with an acute illness or injury requires special knowledge and skills. ENPC gives nurses the tools to provide expert care for patients from birth to adolescence.
- Pediatric Assessment Triangle
- Early Intervention
- Family Presence
ENA developed the Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course to establish a standardized body of pediatric emergency nursing knowledge and to improve the care of all pediatric patients. This fifth edition course combines interactive learning with scenario-based assessments to give nurses a comprehensive learning experience.
Note: This is a course to become an ENPC Instructor.
1. Instructor Potential Letter from a previous ENPC Course and approval from the course Director. Your confirmation email will provide the instructions to submit your Instructor Potential Letter.
2. Passing score of 90% on the ENPC provider exam within 90 days of the instructor course.
3. Purchase and complete online course modules prior to attendance. You will receive the instructions to purchase online modules and all course requirements in your confirmation email.
NOTE: All ENPC Instructor course fees are non-refundable, students who do not complete the course requirements will be ineligible to attend and no refunds will be issued. (click here to review the course acceptance letter and verify eligibility requirements).
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please advise the course director if you have any disability that requires special materials and/or services so appropriate personnel can be advised.