|This course prepares students for success on the certified nursing assistant exam in Florida. It is a fast-paced interactive course that provides students an opportunity to review essential materials and practice patient care clinical testing skills with other students. In addition to hands on clinical practice, students complete a practice written examination.
The course fee does not include the state of Florida testing fee ($155.00) or the background screening fee ($76.50). Testing to become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Florida is conducted by Prometric. LEARN MORE about CNA testing in Florida.
CPR Certification is included in your course fee. After you start the course, you will receive a promo code to complete the BLS Provider CPR course at no extra charge.
Cost: $480.00 ($240.00 of the course fee is a non-refundable registration fee)
CLASSROOM - 5 Day Class
Currently Enrolled and Previously Enrolled Students
- When are the payments due?
If you plan to attend the CLASSROOM course: Pay in full or make 2 payments of $240.00 for the classroom course. The non-refundable first payment of $240.00 is due when you register; the second payment is due before the first day of class. You will be emailed an invoice for the second payment 1 week before your class starts.
- What do I need to register?
A copy of your high school diploma (unofficial transcript), GED, or unofficial college transcript and a photo ID. Email these documents to email@example.com or bring these items to class on the first day.
- How long is the course?
We offer a 4 or 5 day classroom course. View the dates during registration.
- What should I wear to class? Students are expected to wear scrubs (any color) and closed toe shoes each day (no sandals or flip flops). You will be practicing skills each day with other students and proper attire is a necessity.
BECOME A CNA – STEPS FOR SUCCESS!
- Confirm you meet the Requirements to Become a CNA
- REGISTER and Complete your prep course with Southeastern School of Health Sciences
- Submit and pay for your application to test as a CNA Candidate with PROMETRIC
- Register and pay for your background screen with a LIVESCAN VENDOR
- Contact Prometric to get your test date: 888.277.3500
- Take (and PASS!) your state exam: Written (online) and Clinical skills
- After you pass the written (online) and clinical skills portions of the exam, the Florida Board of Nursing will add you to the CNA Registry and mail your certificate to you!